Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Today I listened to an excellent talk by Metropolitan Anthony of Sourozh, whose thoughts in a significant way echo what Father Seraphim said this Sunday, and which also relate directly to the Epistle and Gospel readings that we read today. Righteousness, he explained, does not consist in fulfilling any law - whether of the Old Testament of of the New - but rather of fulfilling our calling to be fully human, to live according that image in which we were created, the image of Christ. The law, the scriptures, the lives of the saints, the prayers of the Church -- all of these are signposts or guides, pointing us toward that Image according to which we should be living. To truly live is to live in Christ.
- 2nd Sun after Pentecost , 2008, All Saints of Russ...
- Living in Christ
- 1st after Pentecost 2008. Sunday of All Saints. T...
- Resist not evil / Не противься злому
- On the Action of the Holy Spirit / О действий Св. ...
- Дорожа Временем - Пятидесятница 2008
- Redeeming the Time St Nicholas Orthodox Church,...
- Pentecost 2008 - If any man thirst... 3 Important ...
- Pentecost - Out of his belly shall flow rivers of ...
- Pentecost. Do you hear the sound?
- And forgive us our debts / И остави нам долги наша...
- Our Daily Bread / О хлебе насущном
- The Best Portion / Лучшая доля
- 7th Sun of Pascha 2008 - What is heaven? >John 17:...
- Don't Waste Time! / Не теряйте время!
- The Lord's Prayer / Молитва Господня
- Adoption to Sonship
- 6th sun of Pascha - The Blind Man - It really is a...
- ▼ June (18)